Recommendations on behalf of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation and Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation on interim measures of conducting inspection control, sampling and other scheduled work taking into account the complex epidemiological situation pertinent to the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19).
Due to the complex epidemiological situation related to the spread of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID – 19) and recording new outbreaks of diseases in different countries, recommendations have been drawn up for the purpose of explaining the actions that applications and authorities must undertake on product certification with regard to the products, manufactured in countries with precarious epidemiological situation (hereinafter – List of countries).
In accordance with the law of the Eurasian Economic Union and legislation of the Russian Federation during a serial certification of products, a certification authority conducts an analysis on the manufacturing state, subsequent inspection control as well as sampling (carried out by test facility (center) as well on the instructions of the authority).
Paragraph 4.2 “National State Standards 31815 – 2012”. Inter-state standard. Evaluation
of compliance. Modalities of inspection control in the procedures of certification” stipulates that the frequency of scheduled inspection checks is established in the technical regulations or in certification rules. If there is no frequency limit of scheduled inspection of scheduled inspection checks in the technical regulations or in the certification, then the frequency of the inspection checks will be determined by a certification authority.
Paragraph 4.2.3 “National State Standards 31814 – 2012”. Inter-state standard. Evaluation
of compliance. General sampling rules for product testing during the confirmation of compliance” stipulates that, for product batches, sampling is done at the location of the batch (at the storage facility of a manufacturer of a finished product, temporary storage, customs storage facility
or recipient’s storage facility, when stored responsibly, in a vehicle container).
Considering the above, given there is a restricted possibility for experts to undertake on-site visits in order for the authorities of product certification to conduct the mandatory procedures
for analysing the manufacturing state and product sampling the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation in conjunction with the National Accreditation System of the Russian Federation issue the following recommendations to the certification authorities and applicants with regard to undertaking activities pertinent to the mandatory certification:
- In relation to the valid batch compliance certificate, if the date for next scheduled inspection control is due or will be due in the period during the spread of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19), then the recommendation is to postpone the procedure for inspection control for up to 6 months.
Upon taking such a decision, the certification authority:
- Undertakes measures on updating the quality management system, which stipulates the deferral procedure of the inspection control in case an inability to make on-site visits for conducting the mandatory procedures for analysing the manufacturing state and product sampling (in part of sub-paragraph “з” of paragraph 14.11 Accreditation criterion, approved by the decree of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation № 326 as of May 30, 2014);
- Ensures that in the case on a certificate of compliance there is
a manufacturer’s letter regarding the invariability of the technical documentation and technological manufacturing process of certified products;
- Makes appropriate amendments to the plan for conducting an inspection control.
- The time limit of conducting inspection control on such certificates of conformity should not exceed 3 months from the date of exclusion from the country, from the List of the Сountries, where the products are manufactured.
- With regard to existing certificates of conformity for serial products, which expire during the period associated with the spread of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the certifying body that conducted periodic assessment (inspection control) of these certified products, can issue a new serial certificate may, taking into account positive results in terms of the last periodic assessment of such certified products.
Such newly issued certificates shall undergo the inspection control within a period of not exceeding 3 months from the date of exclusion from the country, from the List of the Сountries, where the products are manufactured.
This paragraph applies to such products for which there are no detected facts of violation of mandatory requirements.
- Regarding the products in circulation for the first time, as well as the products in respect of which the certificate has been expired, the certification schemes should be applied for a batch of products or for single products, depending on the object of certification.
In such case, the certifying body may conduct sampling at a temporary storage warehouse, customs warehouse, in a container of a vehicle, or by means of samples and specimens imported to Russia in compliance with customs procedures and intended for research (testing) and measurement of product samples.
- Certifying bodies shall temporarily suspend services provision for applicants that provide analysis of the manufacturing state and sampling in countries from the List of the Countries.
- In the period of the epidemiological situation associated with the spread of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) and present recommendations that are being into force, paragraphs 1 and 2 may be equally applied by certifying bodies to products manufactured in Russia, provided that the relevant consent is obtained.
Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Besprozvannykh Aleksey
State Secretary – Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation Khersontsev Aleksey