The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation prepared a draft decree of the Government of the Russian Federation “On the approval of the Strategy for the Development of the Medical Industry of the Russian Federation for the Period up to 2030”.
According to the explanatory note to the document, the strategic goals of the Russian Medical Industry development until 2030 are as follows:
- Production of the crucial medical products in Russia;
- Increase in the Russian production of medical devices by 3.5 times by 2030 relative to the level of 2017;
- Increase in exports of Russian medical products by 10 times by 2030 relative to the level of 2017;
- Registration of new Russian-made medical products in an amount not less than 100 units per year.
To achieve these goals, the following objectives will be accomplished:
- Objective 1. Assistance in conducting R&D works in accordance with the needs of the market and their effective commercialization;
- Objective 2. Creating the appropriate environment for the development of competitive Russian production of medical devices;
- Objective 3. Creating incentives for consumption of Russian medical products in the domestic and foreign markets;
- Objective 4. Improvement of regulatory and legal regulation of the medical industry.
- Objective 5. Development of the education system to prepare specialists for medical industry.
The strategy will be implemented in two phases. The implementation of the first stage is aimed at the formation of a regulatory legal framework that provides regulations for the industry and implementation of financial and non-financial support measures.