According to the plans, two unfinished construction projects located at the production site of Vector State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology may be used to establish production and warehouse facility.
It is planned to organize GMP manufacturing of following pilot and industrial batches of drugs based on recombinant viruses:
- Effective second-generation vaccines for prevention of human viral infections
- Sophisticated drugs based on oncolytic viruses for the treatment of oncological diseases
- Bacteriophages for the treatment of bacterial infections
- Unique drugs for virus-directed enzyme prodrug therapy (VDEPT) used to improve selectivity of cancer chemotherapy
- Latest virus-based targeted delivery agents for genome editing.
“Vector Center has a unique scientific and methodological base, which includes the latest technologies of genetic, protein, and cell engineering, and modern methods for computer-aided design of artificial vaccines,” said A. Agafonov, Deputy General Director for Science at the Vector Center. “In addition to the Vector Center, the main developer and manufacturer of vaccines and drugs based on oncolytic viruses, the project will involve the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of SB of RAS; Institute of Cytology and Genetics of SB of RAS, a federal research center; Vector-BiAlgam JSC; Nanolek LLC; Fort LLC; and other manufacturers of vaccines, as well as Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk State Agrarian University, Novosibirsk State Medical University, and other universities. Each year, the new facility will provide internship for 10-30 Master’s students that are highly sought-after by biotech companies in Russia.”