Kazakhstan makes savings of 18 billion tenge on procurement of medicines

| By | Drug Procurement, Kazakhstan
0
500

The authorities in Kazakhstan managed to save more than 18 billion tenge on procurement of drugs for the guaranteed amount of free medical care. This was announced by the Minister of Health Elzhan Birtanov at the meeting of the Government of Kazakhstan.

“The expansion of regulatory framework and transparency of procurement procedures allowed to save 18.2 billion tenge. To date, 95 percent of annual needs in medicines for guaranteed free medical care have already been met. The remaining 5 percent will be purchased by the end of this month,” said the Minister.

He also noted that some regions began to distribute the medicines through outpatient clinics.

The draft law on regulation of prices for all pharmaceuticals allowed to increase the share of domestic manufacturers in total procurement of medicines.