The Russian Prime Minister signed a Decree approving the road map for the Development of Competition in Health Care. The plan is aimed at developing the competition on commercial markets of medicinal products, medical devices, medical services, and dietary supplements.
To promote the competition on commercial markets of medicinal products, the plan provides for the improvement in the following areas:
- Normative legal regulation in the area of state registration of medicinal products for human use
- Pricing of vital and essential drugs
- Functioning of the institute of interchangeability of medicinal products for human use
- Procurement of medicinal products for state and municipal needs
- Legislation regulating intellectual property protection and development of competition among pharmacies.
To promote the competition on commercial markets of medical devices, the plans provide for the improvement of the normative legal regulation in the functioning of the institute of interchangeability of medical devices and in the area of procurement of medical devices for state and municipal needs.
The road map also aims at improvement of the laws in the area of health care, compulsory medical insurance, licensing laws, and normative legal regulation for registration of dietary supplements.